Police Beat

An officer went to Sky View Apartments, 1050 E. Eighth St., at 8:25 a.m. Tuesday to investigate a report of vandalism.

A custodian at the complex told the officer that another custodian had entered the pool house and found multiple broken or damaged items, as well as several inches of water on the floor.

At the complex, the officer noticed that a barbecue grill, seven chairs and a hose had been thrown into the pool and two lights were broken.

Inside the pool house, a refrigerator was tipped over and possibly damaged. Food from inside had spilled onto the floor.

The sink had been ripped away from the wall, which likely produced the water on the floor.

In addition, several chairs and a foosball table had been broken.

A footprint on the pool house door suggested someone had attempted to kick down the door.

Videotapes showed that three men and three women were at the pool at 3:05 a.m.

An officer knocked on the doors of three apartments that overlooked the pool, but no one answered.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A man was arrested for breaking into a car at Sky View Apartments between 3:18 a.m. and 3:43 a.m. Tuesday.

While doing a security check of the complex at 9:20 a.m., an officer noticed a gray Jetta with its front passenger window broken out.

The vehicle’s owner came up to the officer during the examination and said her iPod and its car adapter had been stolen from inside.

She provided the serial number for the iPod and said she would want to press charges if the perpetrator was found.

The officer looked at the sidewalk where videotapes showed a man standing by the vehicle between 3:41 a.m. 3:44 a.m. The officer noticed dark red spots that created a trail leading to the front door of a house at 315 N. Park Ave.

At 11:47 a.m., the officer and two other officers saw a man leave the house and enter his truck. Two of the officers approached him and asked if they could ask him some questions.

The man agreed and added that his cousin was inside. He agreed to let the officers talk to them both inside.

The man woke his cousin once back in the house. When he rose from the covers, the officers saw that his hands and wrists were wrapped in a black cloth one of the officers had seen on video.

He also had fresh cuts on his hands and wrists.

The same officer noticed a tan rag on the living room table that appeared to be covered in dried blood.

The cousin was arrested after the officers interviewed both men.

The car’s owner was notified of the arrest.

Someone stole multiple items from a room in Cochise Residence Hall, 1018 E. South Campus Drive, between the hours of 12:15 a.m. and 2 a.m. Tuesday.

One of the room’s residents said she left the room the previous night while her roommate slept. She closed, but did not lock, the door.

When she returned at 9:55 a.m., she noticed the door was not fully closed. She woke her roommate up, and they realized that both of them were missing personal items from the room.

The roommate said she had gotten up at 12:15 a.m. to use the bathroom and when she left she closed but did not lock the door.

Another resident in the hall said that when she went to use the bathroom at 2 a.m., the door was not fully closed.

The stolen items included two laptops, an iPod and a gold necklace with one of the resident’s names imprinted on it.

The items were collectively valued at $3,380.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.