Date Book

Campus Events

• Health fair. “”Health Affair”” is a fair open to the UA community that discusses topics such as substance abuse, sexual health and stress reduction. Free health screenings and massages will be offered. 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free. Student Recreation Center Lobby
  • Health fair. “”The S3 Affair”” is a fair open to the UA community that offers free massages, reflexology, acupuncture, prizes, free food and information from Campus Health, Planned Parenthood, the College of Nursing, the Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation, Cope Behavioral Health and other organizations. The first 50 community members to arrive will receive prizes. 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Free. Student Recreation Center
  • Writing workshop. Joe Stefani discusses “”Overcoming Common Grammatical Problems.”” 4 p.m. Free. Education building, Room 318
  • Leadership workshop. “”Working Toward Humane Borders”” will be presented courtesy of the Center for Student Involvement and Leadership. 5 p.m. Free. SUMC, Sabino Room
  • Hygiene for Humanity. The Student Association for International Relief Effort (SAFIRE) will be all over campus today accepting donations and hygiene products to benefit the nation of Sri Lanka as it attempts to recover from the devastating effects of the 2004 tsunami. You can contact SAFIRE through Neha Datta at ua_safire@hotmail.com. All day. Numerous locations on campus
  • Entertainment

• Film. The Africana Studies Department presents the movie “”Imitation of Life.”” The film will be followed by a discussion moderated by Desiree Washington, an Africana Studies faculty member. This film is part of the class AFAS 300, but students who are not enrolled in this class can attend by calling 621-5665 prior to the showing. 7 p.m. Free. Manuel T. Pacheco Integrated Learning Center, Room 141
  • Film. The film “”MAXX”” will be presented by the Iranian-American Student Association and the Near Eastern Studies Undergraduate Organization. 7 p.m. Free. ILC, Room 130
  • Concert. The Arizona Wind Quintet and guests will be performing “”Concerto Grosso for Alto Saxophone and Winds”” by Alan Hawkins. 7:30 p.m. Free. School of Music building, Crowder Hall