Date Book

Campus Events

• Doctoral final oral defense. Philip J. Kuehl presents “”Preformulation Studies of the Anticancer Drug Imexon.”” 9 a.m. Free. Pharmacy building, Room 333
  • Geriatric grand rounds. Dr. Mindy J. Fain, section chief and geriatrics co-director for the Arizona Center on Agingpresents “”Dementia: A Clinical Approach.”” Noon. Free. Arizona Cancer Center, Keiwit Auditorium
  • Distinguished speaker series. The Eller College of Management hosts Susan Bies, a member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, who will present “”Economic Outlook and Developments in Mortgage Markets.”” Arrive early, as space is limited. A reception will follow the lecture. 5 p.m. Free. McClelland Hall, Berger Auditorium
  • Art exhibit. “”The Violent Reality Between Empathy and Indifference”” features paintings by Marilyn Volkman. All day. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Kachina Gallery
  • Multimedia exhibition. “”Interrupted Life: Incarcerated Mothers in the United States”” addresses the facts and experiences of incarceration in the United States. The exhibition invites viewers to search for further information and decent solutions to a major and growing problem in the U.S. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. SUMC, Union Gallery
  • Entertainment

• Opening reception. “”Out of the Past: UAMA at Fifty”” is a new art exhibit that opens today. Food and beverages will be served. 5 p.m. Free. UA Museum of Art
  • Free concert. Come enjoy a free concert sponsored by the University Activities Board. Noon. Free. UA Mall, stage
  • Film. Gallagher Theater will show “”The Prestige”” tonight. 7 p.m. & 10 p.m. $3. Gallagher Theater
  • Poker. Bring your poker face for a No Limit Texas Hold ’em tournament as well as free poker tables. 6 p.m. Free or $5 (for tournament). Park Student Union, Coati & Javelina Rooms
  • In the Groove 2 Tournament. Step up and compete. 6 p.m. $5. Student Union Memorial Center, Games Room