A Day of Remembrance: Events for Sept. 11

All day – UA community members are encouraged to wear blue all day for solidarity and hope. People are also invited to write reflections of the tragedy and its memorial at the Student Union Memorial Center lower level rotunda.

8:30 a.m. – Opening Ceremony. UA Mall Stage Color Guard, an address by President Robert Shelton

8:46 a.m. – Ringing of the bell in honor of American Airlines Flight 11 and the North Tower

9:03 a.m. – Ringing of the bell in honor of United Flight 175 and the South Tower

9:37 a.m. – Ringing of the bell in honor of American Airlines Flight 77 and the Pentagon

9:59 a.m. – Moment of silence in honor of the South Tower collapse

10 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Re-examining Sept. 11: Table fair with brochures and information, Alumni Plaza

10:03 a.m. – Ringing of the bell in honor of United
    Flight 93

11 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Good Deed Marathon on UA Mall. Students are invited to pick from a variety of good deeds from a table and perform them to honor victims of 9/11. A wall of Good Deeds will be created

10:28 a.m. – Moment of silence in honor of the North
    Tower collapse

10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.- Re-examining Sept. 11: A public inquiry of discussion, perspective and debate with UA
    professors. Alumni Plaza

1 p.m. to 2 p.m. – Re-examining Sept. 11: Open mic session. Alumni Plaza

6 p.m. – Memorial service at Temple Emanu-El by Tucson Multi-faith Alliance. Speakers include Tucson City Council Members Steve Leal, Nina Trasoff and Karen Uhlich, state Reps. Linda Lopez and David Bradley, President Robert Shelton and Tucson Unified School District Superintendent Linda Arzoumanian, followed by vegetarian potluck dinner.

6:30 p.m. – Freedom walk on UA Mall Stage with a short address by Associated Students of the University of Arizona President Erin Hertzog. Students can walk, light a luminaria, view images of hope and share their thoughts at an open mic.

7 p.m. – Voices of Opposition Film and Lecture Series presents “”Sept. 11 Revisited”” Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building auditorium.