‘My bye week’ with the Arizona football team

Linebacker Dane Krogstad: We’re just going to hang out a little bit and get an early start on Washington State, which we need to do because they’re on a hot streak right now, and they’re playing pretty well. But for the most part, just let our bodies heal up, get some rest and just work on our fundamentals. I’m definitely planning on watching some college football (tomorrow), you know, watching other (Pacific 10 Conference) games and just relaxing. So it’ll be a good time.

Quarterback Willie Tuitama: I was going to go home (to Stockton, Calif.) this weekend, but I don’t think I’m going to, because we have practice (today). So it kind of sucks, because if I went, I wouldn’t get home until midnight, and then I’d have to come back Sunday. Most likely I’ll just hang out here (in Tucson) and just see what’s going on.

Cornerback Antoine Cason: Going home! I am going home. My brother is having a reception. I’m going to see the family. Getting out of Tucson. I’ll be there (tonight), (tomorrow) and then I’ll come back Sunday night. My family comes to most all the games, but I haven’t seen my extended family – I see the immediate family almost every week – but extended family, I haven’t seen since – oh, man – August? Yeah, August, it’s been a couple months. It seems like longer than that, though. It’s good to get your mind off football and come back next week with a clean week and get everything done.

Wideout Syndric Steptoe: Just relaxing, just getting away from it all. We’re just going to clear our minds, and just have fun, trying to just enjoy the weekend. And you’ve always got to watch college football if you’re a college football player, but it’s mostly just going to be relaxing, getting to sleep in finally, just having just a free mind for the weekend.

– As told to Ryan Casey