Campus ‘Cats: Elisa Rogowitz

What costume do you plan on wearing tonight?

I plan on being a sexy nurse. I know it’s cliché, but it is difficult to have an original costume anymore. I dressed in creative costumes growing up and I figure I might as well just give into the cliché now that I am in college. But my nurse costume does relate to my major, because I want to be a physician’s assistant.

What are your feelings about dressing sexy on Halloween?

I think it is a fun idea and by now it’s become a tradition at the U of A.

Everyone should go out and dress sexy on Halloween.

You said you dressed in creative costumes as a child. What were some of your most creative costumes?

I dressed as a porcupine one year. I took a piece of cardboard and stuck pieces of hay in it to create the spikes. I then taped it to my back and became a porcupine. I was a mosquito the year after that. It was an elaborate costume. I took a paper towel roll and painted the tip red for my mouth so it would look like blood. I had angel wings and I wore a grey sweater and pants for the body.

What have your past Halloween costumes been since your freshman year at the U of A?

Freshman year I actually didn’t go out, because I got really sick. Sophomore year I was the Little Mermaid. My junior year I was an Egyptian princess. My costume last year was homemade. It is easier for people to tell what you are when you actually buy a costume rather than make one.

-Kelsey Ahlmark