3D craze continues with Monsters vs. Aliens

What are the secret ingredients for making a giant super woman? An ordinary girl and a dollop of quantonium.

When Susan Murphy (Reese Witherspoon) unexpectedly gets clobbered by this green-space goo, she transforms into Ginormica, a 50-foot woman with tremendous strength. Deemed a “”monster,”” the government hides her from the public and locks her up with four other monsters: a fish-ape hybrid known as The Missing Link (Will Arnett), a blue-jello-like blob called B.O.B (Seth Rogen), a mad scientist named Dr. Cockroach, Ph.D. (Hugh Laurie) and a giant bug called Insectosaurus.

Even after the government wrongfully imprisons the monsters, they proceed to turn to them to save earth from an alien attack. So not only does the quantonium get Susan into a sticky situation, it also signs her up for the adventure of a lifetime.

With Paul Rudd as Susan’s ex-fiancé, Stephen Colbert as the laughable President, Kiefer Sutherland as the crazy General W.R. Monger, and many more, this movie is jam packed with an A-list cast.

With such an acclaimed cast, it is no surprise that “”Monsters vs. Aliens”” delivers. From political banter, to global warming jokes, to references about “”boobies,”” this film keeps everyone laughing from the start.

Aside from the entertaining plot and dialogue, the effects are “”out of this world””. Seeing this film in 3-D takes the adventure to the next level.

No matter what planet you are from or what species you are, “”Monsters vs. Aliens”” is an endearing and comical adventure for all ages.

Rating: ****