Date Book

LECTURES

• Molecular and Cellular Biology Lecture. Sujatha Balasundaram presents “”A Role for Cappuccino and Chickadee in Regulation of Vesicle Transport During Drosophila Development.”” 10 a.m. Life Sciences South building, Room 340
  • Cancer Biology Lecture. Amy Elizabeth Coon presents “”Analysis of Antioxidant Responsive Gene Expression Changes by Thioredoxin System Inhibitors and Hypoxia.”” 11 a.m. Arizona Cancer Center, Kiewit Auditorium
  • Epidemiology Lecture. Roberto Claudio Rodrigues Bezerra presents “”Evaluation of the Epidemiologic Impact of a National Primary Health Care Policy on Infant Health Outcomes in Brazil from 1999 to 2002.”” 2 p.m. Roy P. Drachman Hall, Room A112
  • Writing Workshop. Victoria Stefani of the Writing Skills Improvement Program will discuss “”Overcoming Awkwardness and Avoiding Grammatical Errors.”” This lecture is part of a free semester-long series of workshops held every Monday. 5 p.m. Psychology building, Room 207
  • Career Information Session. Information session for UA students interested in career opportunities and who meet specific criteria with Comrise Technology. 6 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Career Services, Suite 411
  • Central Intelligence Agency Information Session. Information session for UA students interested in career opportunities and who meet specific criteria with the CIA. 6 p.m. Harvill building, Room 234
  • Disney Information Session. Information session for UA students interested in career opportunities and who meet specific criteria with the Disney Theme Parks and Resorts College Program. 7 p.m. Terry J. Lundgren Center for Retailing, Room FCS 202
  • Film. “”Caught in the Crossfire: The Untold Story of Fallujah.”” The film was shot in this violently contested city from November 2004 to April 2005. The film details the conditions endured by local civilians and the shocking effects of chemical weapons used by U.S. military. 7 p.m. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Room S202
  • History Lecture. Arizona Archaeological and Historical Society Lecture by Todd W. Bostwick. The lecture topic is “”Byron Cummings and the Fight for Control of Arizona Archaeology 1915-1954.”” 7:30 p.m. University Medical Center, DuVal Auditorium
  • Cosmology Lecture. “”Collisions in the Cosmos”” by Jennifer Lotz, Kitt Peak National Observatory. 7:30 p.m. Steward Observatory, Room N210
  • ENTERTAINMENT

• Sneak Preview. “”Failure to Launch.”” Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew McConaughey star in this free sneak preview. It’s not even out in theaters yet, so go to the Games Room and get your tickets! 7 p.m. SUMC, Gallagher Theater
  • Olympics. Come watch the 2006 Winter Olympics on the big screen in Cellar. From the Opening Ceremonies to the Closing Ceremonies, Cellar will have it for you to watch! Nearly all the events will be on the big screen for your enjoyment. Noon to 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. SUMC, Wilbur’s Underground, Cellar