Quick Hits

UA invites guest to speak about global immunization

National Infant Immunization Week is this week, and Arizona was chosen to be the host site by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health will have Dr. Anne Schuchat, director of the Centers for Disease Control’s National Immunization Program, present tomorrow in the Duval Auditorium at University Medical Center.

The seminar will be from 11 a.m. to noon and be broadcast live throughout Arizona and nationwide.

Schuchat will discuss issues that surround vaccinations, including the number of lives immunization can save and the economic value of vaccines in use in routine U.S. programs.

The immunization week is held in conjunction with the Pan American Health Organization’s Vaccination Week in the Americas, which promotes childhood immunization in all 35 countries in the Western Hemisphere.

More than 500 communities in the United States are expected to participate in this year’s observance.

Leadership workshop series ends today

Today is the last seminar of the spring 2006 leadership workshop series.

The seminar, “”Keys to Motivating Self and Others,”” is today from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the Sabino Room of the Student Union Memorial Center.

Students who complete seven workshops in an academic year can earn a certificate of leadership enrichment, and those who attend 20 over three semesters can be recognized as certified UA student leaders.

Contact the Center for Student Involvement and Leadership at 621-8046 with any questions.