Woman already in jail arrested again on burglary charge

A 27-year-old woman, who was in jail awaiting trial for two previous burglaries, was arrested on another burglary charge after her fingerprint was found on a can of chicken in the trash can of her neighbor’s home.

Shawnea R. Parish was arrested Wednesday after Decatur police detectives discovered that the latent fingerprint they had sent to a crime lab and checked through a national data base was a match with hers.

The most recent burglary occurred at a home in the 900 block of Park Place, on the city’s west side, between Jan. 26 and Feb. 8, while the victim was out of town. Parish lived on the same block at that time.

The victim reported that her home had been burglarized, with missing items including two computers, jewelry, a checkbook and three credit cards.

The victim told police that the chicken can in the trash was placed there by the intruder, who had eaten its contents.

Parish had never been in the victim’s home before the burglary.

Parish was either free on bond or a fugitive, wanted for failing to appear in court, at the time of that crime.

In her first 2010 burglary case, Parish was charged with burglary Sept. 29. After posting bond Dec. 7, she failed to appear in court Feb. 3. A warrant was issued for her arrest and she was captured three weeks later, appearing in court Feb. 25.

She was charged with another burglary Nov. 3, while she was in custody on the earlier charge.

Parish, who is being held in the Macon County Jail without bond, is due in circuit court for pretrial hearings on the 2010 burglary charges April 28. She is due in court to be arraigned for the most recent burglary within a week.