Fast Facts

• The Energizer Bunny was ranked fifth on Advertising Age magazine’s list of “”Top 10 Advertising Icons of the Century.””
  • Flight attendants were once required to be licensed nurses so they could assist passengers who were sick and frightened.
  • Research has shown that blondes have more strands of hair than any other hair type. Brown-haired people have second most, followed by those with black hair and finally those with red hair.
  • When it’s cold outside, your facial muscles quickly flex to create heat, thus causing your teeth to chatter.
  • Maxwell House is a hotel in Nashville, Tenn., that served a special blend of coffee so popular in 1886 that it led to the product we know today.
  • Americans eat 150 million hot dogs every year on the Fourth of July.
  • The Japanese word banzai is a blessing meaning “”may you live 10,000 years.””
  • In 1966, the Toyota Corolla was introduced. Today, it is the best-selling automobile model in history.
  • Dichromatism, red-green colorblindness, is seven times more frequent in men than in women.
  • Russia has three times as much forest land as the United States.
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger was a contestant on “”The New Dating Game”” in 1973.
  • A Gibson is the same drink as a Martini, except a Gibson contains an onion instead of an olive.
  • The movie “”October Sky”” was based on Homer Hickham’s book “”Rocket Boy.””
  • “”Gone with the Wind”” won the Best Picture Oscar in 1939 and was the only color film to do so until 1950.
  • The anti-itch cream Noxzema was supposed to be a cream for sunburns, but a customer wrote the company and said the cream “”knocked out (his) eczema.””
  • If Queen Elizabeth II is still queen in 2015, she will have unseated Queen Victoria as the longest-reigning monarch in British history.
  • A cow’s udder needs 350 squeezes to produce a gallon of milk.