Date Book

Campus Events

• Hygiene for Humanity. The Student Association for International Relief Effort (SAFIRE) will be all over campus today accepting donations and hygiene products to benefit the nation of Sri Lanka as it continues to recover from the devastating effects of the 2004 tsunami. You can contact SAFIRE through Neha Datta at ua_safire@hotmail.com. All day.
  • Lecture. A lecture about prosecuting sex crimes will be held in conjunction with the Law, Criminal Justice and Security Program. The lecture will be given by Kathleen Mayer, deputy Pima County attorney. Noon. Free. College of Law, Room 138
  • Lecture. “”America and Iran: Culture and Conflict”” will be presented by Moji Agha, an Africana Studies visiting scholar. This lecture will examine the cultural differences between the two countries and explain how these differences may lead to conflict. Noon. Free. Modern Languages building, Room 210
  • Writing workshop. Victoria Stefani discusses “”Introductions, Conclusions and Abstracts.”” 4 p.m. Free. Modern Languages building, Room 210
  • Lecture. “”Afghan Spring”” will be presented by Robert P. Finn, former U.S. ambassador to Afghanistan, current senior research associate at the Liechtenstein Institute of the Woodrow Wilson School of International Affairs and lecturer in the department of Near Eastern Studies at Princeton University. 5 p.m. Free. Marshall building, Room 490
  • Nano technology lecture. Jeff Volk of Raytheon, and Douglas Loy and Perry Li of the UA will discuss Nano technology and its application to fuel cells. 5:30 p.m. Free. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Room N715
  • Returning students workshop. This workshop will provide information to people interested in returning to the UA to complete a degree. 5:30 p.m. Free. University Services building, 888 N. Euclid Ave., Room 322
  • Project Converse/Proyecto Converse. Project Converse is a student-run organization that offers an informal setting for practicing English. All practice is one-on-one conversation. 1 p.m. Free.
    Student Union Memorial Center, Sabino Room
  • Entertainment

• Comedy corner. Improv comedy will be performed. 9 p.m. Free. Park Student Union, Food Court
  • Exhibit. A number of works by students completing a Bachelor of Fine Arts in May will be shown. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Free. SUMC, Union Gallery