Date Book

Campus Events

• Faculty Senate meeting. The Faculty Senate is meeting. 3 p.m. Free. College of Law building, Room 146
  • Writing workshop. Victoria Stefani discusses “” Style: Rules (and Non-Rules) of Usage.”” 5 p.m. Free. Modern Languages building, Room 410
  • Panel discussion. Mystery authors J.A. Jance, Donis Casey and Betty Webb will be on campus. A book signing will follow. 7 p.m. Free. Main Library, Special Collections Conference Room
  • Lecture. Dr. Jay Holberg of the UA Lunar and Planetary Laboratory will present “”Sirius: Brightest Diamond in the Sky.”” A book signing will follow. 7:30 p.m. Free. Steward Observatory, Room N210
  • Leadership workshop. “”Human Behavior Experiments: Documentary & Discussion”” will be presented courtesy of the Center for Student Involvement and Leadership. 5 p.m. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Sabino Room
  • Project Converse/Proyecto Converse. Project Converse is a student-run organization that offers an informal setting for practicing English. All practice is one-on-one conversation. 1 p.m. Free. SUMC, Tubac Room
  • Hygiene for Humanity. The Student Association for International Relief Effort (SAFIRE) will be all over campus today accepting donations and hygiene products to benefit Sri Lanka as it continues to recover from the devastating effects of the 2004 tsunami. Contact SAFIRE through Neha Datta at ua_safire@hotmail.com All day. Numerous campus locations
  • Entertainment

• Film. “”Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World”” is a documentary regarding the toxicity of the common food additive aspartame. 7 p.m. Free. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Room S202
  • Pepsi Live! Tour. The Pepsi Live! Tour will be on campus offering Pepsi samples and a number of activities. This event is sponsored by the Center for Student Involvement and Leadership’s Campus Activities group. 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. UA Mall