Calendar

Today

Duo Sonido – Island melodies with a blues twist. A peaceful and melancholic way to get yourself back into the Tucson music scene after winter break. 9:30 p.m. Free. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St. (21+)

Tomorrow

.
    Gabriel Iglesias – You’ve seen him on Comedy Central’s “”Last Comic Standing,”” and you may know him as “”Fluffy.”” (Because he likes Charmin?) He’s bringing his signature comedic sound effects and characters to Tucson! 8 p.m. $32 to $37. Fox Theatre, 17 W. Congress St

Saturday

Paris Hilton at Dinnerware – Laura Milkins, a Tucson performance artist, will demonstrate her Paris Hilton persona at Dinnerware Contemporary Arts by performing the simple task of cooking. She claims to be turning Paris Hilton into herself, instead of vice versa. Too bad, this city could use another Paris look-alike. You can also see the current exhibit BYTES: Making Pictures with Ones and Zeroes. 7 p.m. Free. Dinnerware Contemporary Arts, 101 W. Sixth St.

Paul Wall – This modern-day Renaissance man started his career in a gospel rap group, has collaborated with Hulk Hogan’s daughter and also pours prescription cough medicine into his Sprite. How could anyone pass up the opportunity to see this white hip-hop star? 8 p.m. $26 in advance, $30 day of show. Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.

“”The Devil’s Rejects”” – Bookman’s Cult Classic series brings you this wholesome tale from Rob Zombie about a family that enjoys maiming, torturing and killing everyone they come into contact with. How delightful. 10 p.m. $5. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

Sunday

“”Tampopo”” – This Japanese “”Noodle Western”” comedy (like spaghetti western, except Asian) about the opening of a noodle shop is screening as part of the Slow Food Festival and is guaranteed to make you really hungry for noodles. Bring some soup in a cup to enjoy during the show. 1:30 p.m. $15 advance, $20 day of show. Crossroads, 4811 E. Grant Road

Iron Chef Tucson – Two local chefs, Albert Hall and Jonathan Landeen, engage in battle for the coveted title of Iron Chef Tucson. There may not be any fish testicles, but that’s probably a good thing. Or is it? 5 p.m. $15 in advance, $20 day of show. JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa, 3800 W. Star Pass Blvd.

Monday

The Metropolitan Opera on the Big Screen: “”The Magic Flute”” – Mozart’s opera, performed by the Metropolitan Opera is brought to life on the big screen. Julie Taymor, director of “”The Lion King”” on Broadway brings puppetry and magic into this luscious extravaganza sung in English. 7 p.m. $18. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

Redlands – Folk rock reminiscent of Elliott Smith and Nick Drake will be performed for your listening pleasure. (And the band members aren’t bad-looking, either.) 9:30 p.m. Free. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St. (21+)

Elvis and Johnny: The Early Years – Robert Shaw and The Lonely Street Band play tribute songs to Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash with hits from the ’50s and ’60s. It’s like hearing all of your favorite songs covered and digitally remastered. You’re in for a treat. 3 p.m. $19.95. Gaslight Theatre, 7010 E. Broadway Blvd.

An intimate evening with Art Garfunkel – The five-time Grammy Award winner will perform timeless classics and new songs from his latest album, Some Enchanted Evening, in a cabaret-style showroom. Holy cow, he’s still alive and making music. Go see him before it’s too late. 8 p.m. $75 in advance, $80 day of show. Casino Arizona, 9700 E. Indian Bend Road, Scottsdale

Tuesday

Stampead – Alternative rock angels who mesh together country and rock sounds with intense ballads, including a cover of the Talking Heads’ “”Psycho Killer,”” will regale you with what concert-goers are calling the best live show they’ve seen in months. 9:30 p.m. $3. The Hut, 305 N. Fourth Ave. (21+)

Wednesday

Wanda Jackson – The original rockabilly angel, who once dated Elvis Presley, will perform her hits at a spry 65 years of age. The Cadillac Angels will also perform. 9 p.m. $12 in advance, $14 day of show. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St. (21+)

compiled by Alexandria Kassman