Quick Hits

Hoops tickets available

The Arizona men’s basketball team will play the Oregon Ducks in McKale Center at 6:30 tonight.

Don’t already have tickets? Students wanting to welcome the Wildcats home from their road trip can buy a Zona Zoo student ticket for $6 with a CatCard. Zona Zoo tickets are sold 10 minutes before the beginning of the game.

Students can get in line starting four hours before tip-off. Seating is general admission.

Individual seating tickets ranging from $18 to $111 are also available at 9 a.m. Patrons can call the McKale Ticket Office, 621-2287.

Presentation shows blacks’ overlooked contributions

A theatrical presentation sponsored by the African-American Student Affairs will be shown tonight at 7 in the Social Sciences building, Room 100.

“”Portraits of Courage”” is an examination of overlooked blacks and their contributions to American history.

Surprised at the absence of black figures in today’s history books, playwright Colin Cox created a theatrical piece to help bring recognition to a few of those who have helped shape the country. In a 65-minute, two-person presentation you will meet Ida B. Wells, Lewis Latimer, Colonel Young, CJ Walker, Bass Reeves, and Fannie Lou Hamer.

For more information call the African American Student Affairs, 621-3419 or visit the Will and Company Web site, www.willandcompany.com/portraits.

Teachers can learn through UA Mars mission

Next week is the application deadline for science teachers to get experience with the Phoenix Mars Lander mission, which is operated by the UA Lunar Planetary Laboratory for NASA.

The Phoenix Mars Lander and Mars 2001 Odyssey missions are seeking eight pairs of science teachers to immerse themselves in a week-long summer field experience in Fairbanks, Alaska, featuring current polar science research on both Earth and Mars.

Applications for the experience are due Feb. 15. For more information, go to http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu.