Date Book

Campus Events

• Writing workshop. Victoria Stefani discusses “”Incorporating Quotations and Paraphrases.”” 5 p.m. Free. Modern Languages building, Room 410
  • Student discussion. “”Unfronted”” is an unstructured discussion that allows students to discuss social justice topics and current events. This event is presented by the Social Justice Leadership Center. 5 p.m. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Room 412
  • Leadership workshop. “”Moving On Moving Out”” will be presented courtesy of the Center for Student Involvement and Leadership. 5 p.m. Free. SUMC, Sabino Room
  • Project Converse/Proyecto Converse. Project Converse is a student-run organization that offers an informal setting for practicing English. All practice is one-on-one conversation. 1 p.m. Free. SUMC, Tubac Room
  • Information table. The Hillel’s Holocaust Education program will be holding a table on the Mall to provide information regarding the upcoming Holocaust Vigil. 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
  • Hygiene for Humanity. The Student Association for International Relief Effort (SAFIRE) will be all over campus today accepting donations and hygiene products to benefit the nation of Sri Lanka as it attempts to recover from the devastating effects of the 2004 tsunami. You can contact SAFIRE through Neha Datta at ua_safire@hotmail.com All day. Numerous campus locations
  • Entertainment

• Exhibit. “”SEXED”” is a collection of color photography and mixed-media portraits by artists, Sylvia Sewell and Edie Daldrup that deals with femininity and female sexuality. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Free. Lionel Rombach Gallery, 1031 N. Olive Road
  • Free screening. The new film “”Blades of Glory”” will be showing before its national debut. Passes for this screening will be offered at the Gallagher Theater box office and the Student Union Information Desk. 7 p.m. Free with pass. Gallagher Theater
  • Film. “”The Power of Community: How Cuba Survived Peak Oil”” is a film dealing with Cuba’s loss of oil and their adaptation to survive without it. 7 p.m. Free. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Room S202
  • Battle of the bands. Numerous bands will compete on the UA Mall. For more information, send questions to ngs@email.arizona.edu 5 p.m. Free. UA Mall