Wildcat week calendar

Wednesday, June 16

Visit The Loft Cinema for The Other Network. Part one of a two-night special, the best unaired TV pilots ever created will be on display. Of particular note on Wednesday is “”Sick in the Head,”” created by producer and director Judd Apatow, and “”Lookwell,”” created by Conan O’Brien. 3233 E. Speedway Blvd. 795-7777. General admission $8. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Visit www.othernetwork.com for more information.

Thursday, June 17

Enjoy the 1950 film “”D.O.A”” starring Edmond O’Brien and Pamela Britton at the Cinema La Placita Outdoor Film Series, where you sit under the summer night sky and eat complimentary popcorn all night long. 110 S. Church Ave. Movie begins at 7:30 p.m. $3 suggested donation. See www.cinemalaplacita.com for more information.

Friday, June 18

Immerse yourself in Spanish culture at Casa Vicente Spanish Restaurant featuring Flamenco del Pueblo Viejo. Enjoy live flamenco and classical guitar music as well as traditional flamenco dancing while you indulge in traditional Spanish dishes and drinks. Yes, tapas are on the menu. Flamenco guitar starts at 7 p.m., dancing at 8 p.m. 375 S. Stone Ave. 884-5253. www.casavicente.com. Dinner ranges from $15-$40.

Saturday, June 19

Come celebrate the “”new American tapestry”” at Tucson World Refugee Fest 2010 at El Presidio Park in downtown Tucson. Join the cultural celebration by embracing music and original craftwork from survivors of worldwide conflicts. 160 W. Alameda St. 5 – 9 p.m. See www.tucsonrefugeefest.com for more information. Free.

Sunday, June 20

We’re headlong into baseball season, so take yourself out to the ballgame and watch the Tucson Toros take on the Chico Outlaws. With Tucson’s lack of a major league team, the Toros are the closest thing. 3400 E. Camino Campestre. 325-1010. www.tucsontoros.com. General admission $6.

Monday, June 21

Head to Sky Bar to check out the Midsummer Solstice Celebration festivities. The party will feature dance, art, music and performances from Elemental Artistry fire performance troupe. 7:30 p.m. – midnight. 536 N. Fourth Ave. 622-4300 for directions. Parking is limited. Visit www.skybartucson.com for more information. Free.

Tuesday, June 22

Check out the Dog Days of Summer, a leisurely stroll with your canine companions through the tranquil paths of the Tucson Botanical Gardens, 2150 N. Alvernon Way. 326-9686. 7 – 8:30 a.m. Admission $7 for adults and $3 for children ages 4-12. www.TucsonBotanical.org for directions or more information.