People

After 50 years, Rogers still excited about hits

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Kenny Rogers is proud of his 50-year career, yet he can’t help but hope that the best is still to come.

“”For me, the whole goal is to stay relevant as long as I can,”” said Rogers, whose career retrospective, “”Kenny Rogers: 50 Years,”” came out Tuesday exclusively through Cracker Barrel restaurants.

While the 12-track CD includes hits such as “”Lucille”” and “”The Gambler,”” it also features three new songs.

Rogers, 70, became a superstar in the 1970s and ’80s. His career cooled in the ’90s, but he continues to have hits. His 2006 album, “”Water & Bridges,”” charted three songs, including the No. 14 “”I Can’t Unlove You.””

He’s now working on material for a new album.

Dr. Dre’s 20-year-old son found dead in LA

LOS ANGELES – Dr. Dre’s 20-year-old son has died, the rapper’s publicist said Tuesday.

“”Dr. Dre is mourning the loss of his son Andre Young Jr.,”” publicist Lori Earl said in a statement.

Young Jr., who was named after his father, was found dead Saturday by his mother at their home in suburban Woodland Hills, county coroner’s Lt. John Kades said.

An autopsy was performed Monday, but the cause of death wasn’t likely to be determined for eight weeks, Kades said.

Clooney, Pitt to walk red carpet walk for charity

VENICE, Italy ðð- George Clooney and Brad Pitt will make two appearances at the Venice Film Festival this week.

They were slated to appear Tuesday night at a fundraising event for their charity, Not On Our Watch. They will return to the red carpet Wednesday.

Not On Our Watch has raised more than $7 million to help victims of both the humanitarian crisis in the Darfur region of Sudan and the cyclone in Myanmar.

Celebrity Birthdays
    Guitarist Jeff Cook of Alabama is 59. Actor Paul Reubens (Pee-Wee Herman) is 56. Guitarist Alex Lifeson of Rush is 55. Actress Diana Scarwid is 53. Bassist Glen Matlock of The Sex Pistols is 52. Gospel singer Yolanda Adams is 46. Country guitarist Matthew Basford of Yankee Grey is 46. Bassist Mike Johnson (Dinosaur Jr.) is 43. Percussionist Bobo of Cypress Hill is 40. Actress Chandra Wilson in “”Grey’s Anatomy”” is 39. Bassist Tony Kanal of No Doubt is 38. Actress Sarah Chalke in “”Scrubs,”” second Becky on “”Roseanne”” is 32. Rapper Mase is 31. Guitarist Jon Siebels of Eve 6 is 29. Singer Mario is 22. Actress Alexa Vega (“”Spy Kids””) is 20.