Making a list for the hipsters and bros in your life

Have you been meditating on what to get that special hipster in your life, spending exorbitant amounts of time on gifting them something just ironic enough, but still unique and worthy of posting on their Tumblr? Is there a bro that you know that just can’t have enough sleeveless articles of clothing? Don’t fear. These suggestions should have you covered just in time to give that socially confused college student the right present this holiday season.

Turning tables

Third Man Records, owned and ran by the elusive hipster god Jack White, is releasing a slew of branded items this season. However, the true crown jewel amid the vinyl cleaning kit and iPhone cases is the Third Man Records Revolution compact turntable by Crosley. Not only does this magical device function as a portable record player, but it also rips vinyl to high quality mp3s by way of a handy USB port, and it affords its owner instant street credibility (this is especially true in Williamsburg, Penn.; Portland, Ore.; and East Hollywood). Pre-order and online sale of the Revolution compact turntable start Dec. 1 at thirdmanrecords.com, with a price to be announced in the coming week.

Mean ProTEAn

Bros have to lift weights. Bros have to party. Bros also have to refuel at some point. Monster’s new ProTEAn energy drink is full of B-vitamins, low on calories, and packs 8 grams of protein per can. Not only is this elixir going to take the Student Recreation Center by storm, but it’s the perfect chaser for any nightlife occasion. Rage on, bro. The drink is available in Australia and should be available stateside soon.

On the rocks

It’s one of the greatest injustices plaguing mankind — pesky ice cubes watering down your favorite adult beverage. Teroforma’s nonporous Whisky Stones, cut from Vermont soapstone, are the solution to this decades-old woe. Freeze them for four hours prior to your festivities, and they stay cold like ice, without reducing your cocktail to a wine cooler. Ron Burgundy would weep tears of joy over these little wonders. Get them on Amazon.com for $19.50.

Pumped up kicks

Vans — they’re the secret link between bros and hipsters. One social group keeps them fresh, the other loves them tattered. No matter how they are worn, there’s nothing more classic than a pair of of slip-ons or Authentics. Vans’ fall leather and suede collection will appease any member of either side, with releases in most popular styles and prices ranging from $50 to $90, at finer shoe stores nationwide, and also online at vans.com.