Calendar of Events

Today

• CALS golf tournament.
      The CALS Development and Alumni Office present the 2006 Touchstone Energy AZCAT Open. This golf tournament featuring four-person tees will benefit the student scholarship fund. RSVP at 621-7190. 6:30 a.m. $90 per person. Del Urich Golf Course
  • Arizona Athletics golf tournament.
    Arizona Athletics presents the “”A”” Club Cropper Automotive Homecoming Golf Tournament. “”A”” Club members and Arizona Letterwinners are encouraged to participate. For more information, call 626-9272. 7:30 a.m. Arizona National Golf Club
  • Engineers’ breakfast.
    College of Engineering alumni and friends are invited to attend the College of Engineering 43rd annual engineers’ breakfast. For more information, call 621-8051. 8 a.m. Student Union Memorial Center, North Grand Ballroom
  • Reception and luncheon.
    Members of the classes of 1956 and prior years are invited to attend the Emeritus Club reception. 11 a.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Tucson Room
  • Luncheon.
    The College of Education presents the Golden Circle and alumni awards luncheon, which will celebrate the class of 1956’s 50-year anniversary as alumni. For more information, call 621-3413. Noon. Arizona Inn
  • Student showcase.
    The Graduate and Professional Student Council presents the Student Showcase, featuring graduate and undergraduate student projects. Noon. Main Library
  • Recognition reception.
    The College of Pharmacy and its Continuing Education Program invite Arizona pharmacists and their guests to attend the alumni awards and recognition reception. For more information, call 626-3106. 3 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Grand Ballroom South.
  • Induction ceremony.
    The 30th Induction Ceremony for the University of Arizona Sports Hall of Fame will be held. For more information, call 621-7491. 4 p.m. $20. McKale Center, Jim Click Hall of Champions
  • Donor Wall viewing.
    The Dean of Students Office invites contributors to the Student Union Memorial Center and Student Affairs and members of the community to view the unique design of the Student Union Donor Wall created by Tucson’s own T.A. Cald. 5 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Diamond Atrium
  • Pharmacy dinner.
    The College of Pharmacy presents the alumni and friends dinner and awards. For more information, call 626-8236. 5 p.m. College of Pharmacy, Pulido Center
  • College of Pharmacy tours.
    All alumni and friends of the College of Pharmacy are invited to take a tour of the College of Pharmacy. For more information, call 626-8236. 5 p.m. College of Pharmacy, Pulido Center
  • Bear Down Fridays.
    Check out free live entertainment, the Wildcat kazoo band, contests, a car smash, dunk tank, raffle prizes and much more at the Marshall Foundation’s Bear Down Fridays. 5 p.m. University Boulevard, Main Gate Square.
  • Hall of Fame dinner.
    Kappa Sigma will be honoring their Hall of Fame inductees, alumni, Man of the Year and undergraduate award winners at the A.L. Slonaker Hall of Fame Dinner. 6 p.m. Kappa Sigma fraternity house
  • Alpha Tau Omega gathering.
    ATO alumni are invited to catch up with their ATO brothers at this informal gathering. For more information, call 971-3294. 6:30 p.m. Old Pueblo Gathering, 60 N. Broadway Blvd.
  • Zeta Tau Alpha gathering.
    All Zetas and guests are invited to the pre-Homecoming gathering. 7 p.m. Barrio, 135 S. Sixth Ave.
  • Homecoming kick-off celebration.
    All alumni and friends are invited to kick off Homecoming weekend right! Enjoy a concert by the Mockingbirds, fireworks, a pep rally, the traditional bonfire and the crowning of the Homecoming king and queen. 7 p.m. Alumni Plaza
  • Tomorrow

• Lettermen’s breakfast.
      Arizona Athletics presents the 55th annual lettermen’s breakfast. For more information, call 621-9272. 6:30 a.m. Marriott University Park
  • Bobcats breakfast.
    All Bobcats are invited to attend the Bobcats Senior Honorary annual Homecoming breakfast. For more information, call 626-9334. 7:30 a.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Grand Ballroom South.
  • Burrito breakfast.
    The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Development and Alumni Office and dean’s almost world-famous Burrito Breakfast and Alumni Auction welcome alumni, family and friends to raise funds for the CALS fund. For more information, call 621-7883. 8 a.m. Student Union Memorial Center, North Ballroom.
  • Homecoming registration.
    Come register to receive information regarding the weekend. 8 a.m. UA Mall.
  • Letterwomen’s breakfast.
    The 27th annual letterwomen’s breakfast will be held. For more information, call 621-9272. 8 a.m. McKale Center, Jim Click Hall of Champions
  • UA black alumni brunch.
    The UA black alumni annual Homecoming brunch will honor C. Mary Okoye and Cherry Jackson. 8 a.m. Doubletree Hotel, 445 S. Alvernon Way
  • Mortar Board breakfast.
    All Mortar Board Senior Honorary alumni are invited to the annual Mortar Board alumni Homecoming breakfast. For more information, call 480-227-3642. 8:15 a.m. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Courtyard
  • Tents.
    Come check out all the tents and activities on the Mall. 9 a.m. to game time. UA Mall
  • Student Showcase.
    The Graduate and Professional Student Council presents a Student Showcase displaying the best research and projects by graduate and undergraduate students. 9 a.m. Main Library, Courtyard
  • Homecoming parade.
    More than 100 entries will circle the Mall, heading west from Campbell Avenue, around Old Main and then east again. The judges’ booth will be located in front of Bear Down Gymnasium. 10 a.m. UA Mall
  • Delta Tau Delta barbecue.
    Epsilon Epsilon invites Delta Tau Delta alumni and family to a free pre-game barbecue at the fraternity house. For more information, call 490-4203. 1050 N. Cherry Ave.
  • Tailgate.
    Arizona Athletics welcomes all Arizona letterwinners to the “”A”” Club Homecoming tailgate. For ticket purchase, call the McKale Ticket office at 621-CATS. 10:30 a.m. Bear Down Field, Game Day Grill
  • Junior scientists kids’ day.
    The Science-Engineering Library presents an event that features hands-on science activities presented by UA Science and Engineering departments and clubs. The event is free and open to all ages. 10:30 a.m. Science-Engineering Library
  • Blue Chip barbecue.
    All Blue Chip members past and present are invited to the Blue Chip program’s Homecoming barbecue bash. 11 a.m. Pima Residence Hall, Leadership Lodge
  • SBS Homecoming bash.
    Join other College of Social and Behavioral Sciences alumni for pre-game festivities. All are welcome. 11:30 a.m. The Shanty, 401 E. Ninth St.
  • Wines from around the world.
    All College of Humanities alumni are invited to this complimentary wine-tasting reception with College of Humanities faculty. 11:30 a.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Ventana Room
  • Football game.
    Come watch the Wildcats take on California at the Homecoming football game. To purchase tickets, call 621-CATS. 1:30 p.m. Arizona Stadium