Police Beat: June 20

Lights out after a glass of wine

University of Arizona Police Department officers noticed a white Jeep Cherokee traveling south on Campbell Avenue with no headlights on June 10 at 2:32 a.m.

The officers made contact with the driver and a passenger. The driver identified herself as a non-UA affiliate. Officers asked for identification and ran a background check. The results indicated that the suspect’s license was suspended and that she had failed to appear at Tucson City Court. The officers detected a strong odor of alcohol coming from the Jeep and the suspect’s breath. Officers had the woman, who was a minor, exit the vehicle and performed a field sobriety test. The suspect admitted to drinking a glass of wine three hours prior to being pulled over. Officers conducted a search and found a glass jar inside her purse containing what they suspected to be marijuana. Officers immediately arrested the female suspect for minor in possession of alcohol and possession of marijuana, but soon released her under the condition that she would later appear in court. Officers seized the marijuana for evidence and the vehicle’s passenger drove the vehicle from the scene.

Twin turbo virgins

UAPD was conducting traffic control by Speedway Boulevard and Interstate 10 on June 8 at 7:40 a.m. when they noticed a black Audi traveling south at a high speed. The officer noted in his report that he sped up over 100 mph to catch up to the car. The driver pulled off the ramp when he noticed the police officer behind him. The officer approached the vehicle and informed the driver that he was driving 95 mph. The driver replied, “I had no idea how fast I was going, but it was fast. I just got this car and it’s really fast. I knew eventually I was going to get a ticket.” The female passenger interrupted and said, “We are sorry, we’ve never had twin turbo before.” The officer asked the suspect for his license. The suspect replied that he did not have a license or ID in possession but he was able to provide registration and an insurance card. The officer issued him two citations, one for exceeding 86 mph and the other for not having license in possession. The officer noted that before he left the scene, the driver told him, “I’m sorry, I take full responsibility. Driving like that endangers everyone else. This is not my normal driving behavior.”

Visual voice mail

UAPD headquarters received a phone call from a UA employee on June 8 at 3:01 p.m. in regards to a voice mail she received from an unknown person. Officers responded to the female employee, who explained that when she returned from vacation, she found a disturbing and suspicious message on her work phone’s voice mail. Officers listened to the voice mail and noted in the report that the male was breathing heavily and saying, “I am stroking my cock just for you. Oh my God, my cock is big and hard. I am about to cum, oh God, oh God.” Officers continued listening until the male said, “I just cummed.” The male hung up and did not identify himself or say anything else. The female victim said she would like the incident documented but does not wish to press charges. Officers asked the victim if she knew of anyone who would do this, but she said she could not think of anyone. Officers contacted University Information Technology Services to try to locate a phone number.