What you should know for Folds’ show

After all these years, Ben Folds is coming to the Rialto Theatre. There are many reasons why you should go, but also quite a few why you should stay away. Check out these pros and cons to decide if you’ll see the big man in concert on July 16.

PRO: Remember all those long days sitting in your room, moping about not being grown up, when Folds’ words of hope floated through your CD player? “”Everybody knows / It hurts to grow up / and everybody does / It’s so weird to be back here.”” If you go to the show, you’ll be back there.

CON: It could prove to be too much of a nostalgia trip. Maybe you don’t want to revisit those angst-ridden times: “”I was never cool in school / I’m sure you don’t remember me / And now it’s been 10 years, / and I’m still wondering who to be.””

PRO: Ben Folds’ narrative lyricism might leave you with a better outlook on the world: “”You can blow it off / and say there’s good in nearly everyone / just give them all a chance.””

CON: Ben Folds’ narrative lyricism might leave you with a depressing outlook on the world: “”She’s a brick and I’m drowning slowly / off the coast and I’m heading nowhere.””

PRO: You’ll get to hang out with all those other grown-ups who care enough to pay $41 to see Folds’ glorious horn-rimmed visage. Also, he has some new music he collaborated on with Nick Hornby. It’s a literary/musical double feature!

CON: It’s $41. So you’re going to have to wait to put money down on that Young Jeezy show in August.

If, after weighing the options, you’re interested in seeing the one and only Folds, head over to the Rialto Theatre at 8 p.m on July 16. Bring $41 and prepare to reminisce with some old favorites — and some new gems.