Police Beat

An officer notified security staff working Saturday’s UA-Washington men’s basketball game in McKale Center, 1721 E. Enke Drive, that a man tried to enter the game with a bottle of liquor.

The officer approached the manand he removed an unopened bottle of Jack Daniels whiskey from his pants.

The man also showed signs of having ingested intoxicants.

He was cited and released for being a minor in possession. He poured the liquor out into a trashcan.

The man was ejected from the venue and left without further incident.

An officer broke up a party at the Sigma Phi
    Epsilon fraternity house, 1420 N. Vine Ave., Friday after noticing a lot of foot traffic in the area.

The officer saw several groups of people come and go from the house and noticed many taxi cabs waiting on the west side.

There were beer cans littered on the property and a gray tarp taped over a surrounding fence.

The level of noise coming from inside the house indicated to the officer that there were a lot of people inside. He called for additional units.

The door to the house was propped open by a cement ashtray and the officer could see at least 40 people inside who were holding cans of Keystone Light beer in their hands.

The officer waited at the door for the chaplain of the house. The officer told the chaplain that the number of people inside was well over the number the house was allowed to have.

The chaplain said the fraternity had “”a few”” people over and had stopped serving alcohol two hours prior, according to reports.

The chaplain and other members of the house told people to leave.

Officers wached as approximately 60 people left the house.

A woman was arrested for being a minor with liquor in the body at East First Street and North Cherry Avenue on Friday.

An officer was on patrol on Cherry Avenue when he saw a woman walking down the street. She was walking unsteadily using the entire width of the sidewalk.

She was wearing a sleeveless top, a miniskirt and no shoes, in about 44 degree weather. The officer asked the woman if she was OK. She said she was fine and was going home. Her speech was slurred and she had a strong odor of intoxicants on her breath.

The officer asked her where home was, and she pointed to the Sigma Kappa sorority house, 1588 E. First St.

The officer asked the woman for identification, and she did not have any. He also asked her if she had been drinking, and she said no.

The officer requested that the woman provide a preliminary breath test sample. The officer attempted to get a sample four times, but she removed her mouth from the mouthpiece before an adequate sample could be taken.

The officer noticed the woman’s eyes were bloodshot, and she swayed as she stood still.

She was cited and released to a member of Sigma Kappa.

A gray mountain bike was stolen from the Biological Sciences West building, 1041 E. Lowell St., Jan. 21.

Upon filing a report, the owner said that he had put a cable lock through the frame and front tire but wasn’t sure if he put the lock through the bike rack on the east side of the building.

When he returned to the bike racks, his bike and cable lock were gone.

The bike was valued at around $500.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. A complete list of UAPD activity can be found at www.uapd.arizona.edu./a>