Student union sees changes for fall semester

The Student Union Memorial Center will see a variety of changes this fall semester, including new restaurants, more outdoor seating and a rearrangement of existing businesses, according to a press release from Arizona Student Unions. Here’s a list of changes to expect. Most will be complete by the beginning of the fall semester, unless otherwise indicated.

— Patios to the north, near the Second Street Parking Garage, as well as to the east, near the Administration building, will be expanded to allow for more tables and seating.

— The lower level of the union will also be transformed into a business center, where Wells Fargo, the post office and the CatCard and meal plan offices will serve as a “centralized hub” for business errands.

— Redington Restaurant will be completely self-serve.

— Froyo will no longer have a location within the union, and will be replaced with Cactus Grill BBQ, a barbecue variant and addition to the Cactus Grill restaurant already on the union’s third floor.

— Three Cheeses and a Noodle will also be removed from its second floor location and will be replaced by Pangea, a restaurant exclusive to the union that will offer an international menu including Mexican and Indian cuisine, along with a sushi and sandwich bar.

— Einstein Bros Bagels, a nationwide bagel chain, will open Aug. 13 across from Pinkberry.

— Two undetermined eating establishments will take the place of the CatCard and meal plan offices.

— Red and Blue Market will be a grab-and-go dining option that will be offered in several locations across campus, such as Pangea, Highland Market, U-Mart, and other campus convenience stores.

— On Deck Deli will offer more options for students in addition to its bagel line.

— The Mesa Room will have new menus that will rotate every couple of weeks to allow for more choices.