The Student News Site of University of Arizona

The Daily Wildcat

101° Tucson, AZ

The Daily Wildcat

The Daily Wildcat


    Police Beat

    Police took a man home because he was disrupting the peace at the Student Union Memorial Center food court where he worked, 1303 E. University Blvd., at 7:10 p.m. Oct. 30.

    The man’s actions and comments prompted two Tucson Police Department officers to call the University of Arizona Police Department for assistance. When a UAPD officer arrived, the man was screaming obscenities while being controlled by the TPD officers.

    The man’s comments included, “”Take me to jail, you motherfuckers! I don’t care about the fucking U of A. Fuck this job! I make more money selling crack than I do at this fucked-up place!”” according to reports.

    The officers told UAPD that they were about to leave the Union when they heard the man kick a door, threaten to “”beat someone’s ass”” and demand that people “”give me a bottle to beat some ass,”” according to reports.

    UAPD checked the man’s university affiliation and contacted his supervisor. While they were doing this, the man continued to rant, “”You are just fucking keeping me down ’cause I’m Mexican and Indian. You niggers are always fucking with me. Take me to jail, you fucking pussies,”” according to reports.

    The man did not resist being handcuffed by the officers but offered that they instead “”take off your badges and two-step with”” him, according to reports. The man’s supervisor acted surprised by the man’s actions and decided to have the man leave the Union for the rest of the evening.

    As police escorted the man to his house, he became somewhat apologetic and said that he had been turned down a job doing day shifts instead of night shifts.

    Police were dispatched to the Kuiper Space Sciences building, 1629 E. University Blvd., after a woman reported having a suspicious e-mail sent to her by someone she knew Oct. 30.

    The woman told an officer that she had previous contact with the man and had been advised to e-mail him telling him that she did not want to be in contact anymore. The man replied with an e-mail that said, “”I curse you as Christ cursed the tree that bore no fruit,”” according to reports.

    A detective spoke with the man on the phone and informed him that if he made any more contact with the woman, he would be committing harassment. The man said he understood but that he believed the UA had stolen $2.5 million worth of meteorites from him, and that is why he e-mailed the woman.

    A man was given an exclusionary order after approaching and harassing a female student outside of the Student Recreation Center, 1400 E. Sixth St., at 5:15 a.m. Oct. 30.

    The woman told officers that as she was entering the Rec Center, the man made a comment similar to “”Hey baby, come here,”” according to reports. The man walked toward her, and she moved away and hid in the bushes.

    The officer talked to the suspected man and asked him what he was doing. The man said that he was at church and pointed at the Rec Center. The officer said that the center was not a church, and the man replied, “”Yeah, it is, I go there all the time,”” according to reports.

    The man said that he had been drinking earlier. When asked about approaching the woman, he told officers to leave him alone.

    The man consented to a body search, but when the search began, he immediately told the officers that there was no way they could search him.

    A records check revealed the man had been arrested by TPD for two counts of assault – one for kissing and holding a 15-year-old girl and another for kissing the hands of two 12-year-old boys.

    The officers gave him the exclusionary order and relayed the consequences of breaking the order.

    UAPD was contacted about equipment stolen from the Disability Resource Center, 1224 E. Lowell St., at 3:38 p.m. Oct. 29.

    A DRC employee told an officer that a student had stolen some expensive equipment, as she had not returned it to the center. The student, who is hearing-impaired, had withdrawn from the university, but the property was not returned to the DRC. The student’s family had decided to have the university pay for replacing the equipment.

    The employee contacted the student’s mother, who said that they did not want to give the property back because her daughter needed it. She offered to buy the equipment, but the employee informed the mother about the university’s policy on selling equipment.

    The mother became irate and made comments like, “”What if it (the equipment) gets lost?,”” “”What if it gets stolen?”” and “”What are you going to do then?”” according to reports.

    The employee told the officer she wanted to press charges if the equipment was not returned and that she had a contract, signed by the family, acknowledging the rules of safely returning the gear.

    More to Discover
    Activate Search