Police Beat: March 12

Oh crap

A UA student was taken to University of Arizona Medical Center for extreme intoxication on Feb. 28.

A University of Arizona Police Department officer responded to a call and arrived at Arizona-Sonora Residence Hall at 1 a.m. to find the student already being cared for by University Emergency Medical Services. The student had soiled herself and was covered in her own feces, but when UEMS attempted to evaluate her she began resisting treatment by swinging her arms towards them. The officer noticed that her eyes were bloodshot and watery.

The student was taken to UAMC. When the officer arrived three hours later to follow up with the student, he found her asleep. He was told by a nurse that the student’s blood had tested positive for alcohol.

When the officer returned again two hours later, he found the student still asleep. He was told by the nurse that the student had been sedated upon her arrival, because she was trying to kick the
medical staff.

A follow up was requested to arrest the student for a minor in possession of alcohol in body.

Secret identity

A non-UA affiliated woman was arrested for two outstanding TPD warrants on Feb. 28.

Two UAPD officers were dispatched to a sorority house on Cherry Avenue and Second Street in response to a potentially intoxicated woman knocking on the door of the house. When the officers approached her, she sat down on a bench.

She had no ID with her, and when asked what her name was, provided two different names. The woman wouldn’t stop talking and kept repeating that she wanted to go to “emerge.” She provided her birth date and admitted that she did have warrants for her arrest. She said she wanted to get a license so she could take care of the warrants. She also provided the officers with her social security number.

After running her social security number, the officers found the woman had two outstanding Tucson Police Department warrants for criminal trespassing and disorderly conduct.

The officers verified that the descriptors on the warrants matched the woman’s descriptors and received confirmation of the TPD warrants. The woman was then placed under arrest and transported to Pima County Jail.