Mall Rants: April 27

Mall Rants is a regular feature in the Daily Wildcat, in which students weigh in on current events and issues. This week, columnist Caroline Nachazel asked students about their summer plans.

“”I am headed overseas to Europe for a little bit, going to Italy, then basically just going back home and working, and hanging out. Home is in Pennsylvania and work includes anything with go-karts, laser tag, anything fun. It’s a cool job.””

— Preston Kendrick, nutrition sophomore

“”I’m going to Florida and I’m going to work. I work at the (UA) Bookstore. My cousin is graduating and I am going to help her move to Gainesville, Fla., so it should be fun.””

— Michael Beardsley, nutrition sophomore

“”My summer plans are working and going to California to visit my mom. I will be working at Sauce. I have worked there for four years, I love it.””

— Bailey Frahm, elementary education sophomore

“”I am going to work two jobs and travel. I hope to travel to California to visit my roommates, and I work at a shoe store, and I nanny two kids. I plan on being busy so home doesn’t get too boring.””

— Sara Barkley, elementary education sophomore

“”School and work. I am taking classes at a community college and working at a high school job in Phoenix.””

— Jon Hotchkiss, biology freshman

“”I am taking a class at community college, at Pima, and then I am going to work over the summer to pay for it, wherever I can find work.””

— Eric Sonera, economics and math junior