Police Beat: October 28

He’s in love with the CoCo

A UA student was sent to the Pima County Jail for a minor in possession.

A University of Arizona Police Department officer initially contacted the student at the Arizona Stadium after the student tried sneaking into the football game without a ticket. The event staff working the game brought the student to the officer.

The student smelled of alcohol and said he was 18 years old, but said he was born in 2011 in response to the officer when asked for his age.

He also told the officer he did not have any identification with him and refused to state his date of birth, thus prompting the officer to handcuff the student. The officer spotted the student’s CatCard sticking out of his pocket and was able to identify the student.

The officer took the student to the command post, where he forced the student to sit in a chair after the student initially refused.

On numerous occasions, the student got up off the chair and approached the officer. The student, confused, said he thought he was at his residence and wanted to speak with his roommates.

The student also told a TPD officer that he recalled doing cocaine the previous night with that officer.

Poppin’ pills

A UA student passed out in the lobby of Coronado Residence Hall after drinking and taking Xanax.

A UAPD officer arrived at Coronado and approached the male student, who was combative with the Emergency Medical Services respondents and the resident assistants at the scene. Tucson Fire Department was also there to medically evaluate the student.

The student informed TFD officials that he drank vodka and took Xanax at the Sigma Chi fraternity house.

TFD cleared the student and walked him up to his room.

The officer then spoke with the student and told him about his citation and release for a minor in possession of alcohol. At this point, the student became agitated and said the officer could not arrest him, as he was only campus police.

The officer responded and said if he did not sign off on the citation, then he would arrest him. The student complied and signed the citation.

Follow Meghan Fernandez on Twitter.